Join the Association of Partners for Public Lands today and become a part of the national community working together to support our nation’s most special places.
Together we are a strong voice for public lands partnerships in Washington, D.C. We convene land management agency leaders and nonprofit executives to learn from one another and outside experts —sharing best practices and strategies and engaging in critical dialogue about the future of public lands partnerships. We help nonprofits make smart business choices, saving them both time and money.
As a member of the Association of Partners for Public Lands, your nonprofit organization receives these exciting and valuable benefits:
For a full list of benefits, click here.
To be eligible for membership within APPL, your nonprofit organization must have:
- A mission that seeks to preserve our public lands and enrich those who use them
- A formal agreement with one or more public lands agencies (or are in the process of obtaining)
- A 501(c)(3) tax-exempt destination (or are in the process of obtaining)
If you are joining APPL for the first time, you must provide us with verification of both your agreement with a public land agency and IRS designation.
Membership Categories and Dues
Public Lands Partner: For an organization that partners with specific parks, forests, refuges or other public land sites.
(less restricted income)
|Less than $100,000
|Less than $250,000
|Less than $500,000
| Less than $1,000,000
| Less than $1,500,000
| Less than $2,000,000
| Less than $3,000,000
| Less than $5,000,000
| Less than $7,000,000
| Greater than $7,000,000
Join APPL today as a Public Lands Partner.
Annual membership dues are based on your organization’s adjusted gross revenue for the previous year (see chart to
Calculate your organization's adjusted gross revenue by taking your entry to IRS Form 990 Line 12 and then subtracting restricted funds that are not available for operations. APPL does not assess higher annual dues from members who, for example, launch a successful capital campaign or fundraise specifically for an educational program.
- Emerging Public Lands Partner: For an organization that has not yet received its 501(c)(3) status or is in the process of obtaining an agency partnership agreement. (Annual membership dues = $100) Join APPL today as an Emerging Public Lands Partner.
- Nonprofit Ally: For a national organization that supports the public lands community but is not affiliated with a particular park, forest, refuge or other public land. (Annual membership dues = $1,500) Join APPL today as a Nonprofit Ally.
Emerging Public Lands Partner and Nonprofit Ally members receive all the benefits of a Public Lands Partner member, although they do not have voting rights within the Association.
Have questions about APPL membership? Contact the APPL office directly by email or phone (301-946-9475)